- Care of the Trauma Services patient at CCHMC.
- Minor head injury: Glasgow Coma Score (GCS) 13 - 15
- Complete primary and secondary survey per guidelines.
Refer to Minor head injury flow diagram next page
- Bressan, S, Romanato, S, Mion, T, Zanconato, S, & Dalt, LD. (2012). Implementation of adapted PECARN decision rule for children with minor head injury in the pediatric emergency department. Academic Emergency Medicine, 19, 801-807
- Kuppermann, N, Holmes, JF, Dayan, PS, Hoyle, JD, et al.. (2009). Identification of children at very low risk of clinically-important brain injuries after head trauma: A prospective cohort study. Lancet, 374, 1160-1170.
All revisions of this guideline are approved by the Trauma Service Department. This guideline is reviewed every three
years or sooner if deemed necessary. Policy authority for this document resides with the Trauma Service Department.
This guideline is approved by the Trauma Services Manager and the Director of Trauma Services.